[support] Newbie seeking documentation

Bruce Whealton brucewhealton at yahoo.com
Mon May 28 22:12:17 UTC 2007

Doesn't that first book, about Drupal, just cover up to Drupal 4.x.y, since it
  was published April of 2006?  Are there major changes with Drupal 5.x.y that
  would create problems for a user reading a book covering an older version?

  Hi,
  If I'm looking for tutorials/training/handbooks, say from the site, that cover, "If
  one were trying to quickly build a Drupal site from start to usable for site visitors,"
  where might I look on the site(s) for that kind of documentation?

  Also, while it might be good for me to learn a book that draws upon such
  advanced skills as PHP, I would also want to give some documentation to the
  end-user, specifically a totally non-technical end-user... users that may not know
  HTML, much less CSS, much less PHP... where I am indicating that PHP, as a
  programming language is far more complex and advanced a topic then CSS
  which is more advanced then just plain old HTML.

  Assuming that the first book is ok for use with the latest versions of Drupal than that
  would be a good book for me.  Let me know what you all think about that, please.
  Then, I'd ask for instructions/tutorial pages/handbook pages for a non-technical
  end-user.
  Thanks,
  Bruce

Mitch Wander <Mitch at MyTroops.com> wrote:
  Bruce,

Assuming paper books (old style) are an option, here are two choices.

If you're trying to quickly build a Drupal site from start to usable for site visitors try:
Drupal: Creating Blogs, Forums, Portals, and Community Websites
by David Mercer

If you know PHP and want to take advantage of Drupal's inner workings try:
Pro Drupal Development
by John VanDyk and Matt Westgate

Best regards,

Mitch