[support] CCK versus older Flexinode modules

Larry Garfield larry at garfieldtech.com
Tue May 29 04:47:09 UTC 2007

Yes, CCK has the same "place in the ecosystem" as flexinode, but is a much more robust and extensible architecture.  At this point it seems a foregone conclusion that CCK is/will be Drupal's node management system.  Unfortunately, there is no good migration from flexinode to CCK that I'm aware of.  There's a module that does a conversion in 4.7, but I have not used it and the description, when last I looked, described it as somewhat shaky.

In Drupal 5, on Content > Content types you can configure any node type in the system.  Simply edit your poem node type and set its default publishing settings to not published.  You can then create a View using the Views module to list all poem nodes that have their published flag set to false, and only let admin users see it.

Cheers.

--Larry Garfield