[support] Video module needs help

Fabio Varesano fabio.varesano at gmail.com
Tue May 29 12:22:47 UTC 2007

>> You could ask your hosting company to fix this problem for you.
>
> Yes, I should.  Altho I am more interested in how and when this
> happened, and how to prevent from this to happen in the future.

When you installed the video module and the video_upload plugin drupal
automatically created a folder to store the videos (a 'video' folder
under the folder you configured for uploads).

The newly created folder has been created by Drupal which is PHP code
executed by the Apache server which run under an different Unix user.

Then the new folder has been assigned to the user which run apache.

Fabio