[support] CCK versus older Flexinode modules

Bruce Whealton brucewhealton at yahoo.com
Thu May 31 00:27:32 UTC 2007

Well, I don't need to upgrade from Flexinode because I don't have that
  setup.  What it did is let me create a new content type/node called Poem.
  So, before I can edit my poem node type, I need to figure out how to
  create the node.

  You mention the views module, is that a core module?
  Bruce

Larry Garfield <larry at garfieldtech.com> wrote:

Yes, CCK has the same "place in the ecosystem" as flexinode, but is a much more robust and extensible architecture. At this point it seems a foregone conclusion that CCK is/will be Drupal's node management system. Unfortunately, there is no good migration from flexinode to CCK that I'm aware of. There's a module that does a conversion in 4.7, but I have not used it and the description, when last I looked, described it as somewhat shaky.

In Drupal 5, on Content > Content types you can configure any node type in the system. Simply edit your poem node type and set its default publishing settings to not published. You can then create a View using the Views module to list all poem nodes that have their published flag set to false, and only let admin users see it.

Cheers.

--Larry Garfield