[support] Have I planned this all wrong?

Bruce Whealton brucewhealton at yahoo.com
Thu May 31 02:01:59 UTC 2007

I've heard again about Views.  What are Views?  Is that
  one specific contributed module?  When would one use that?
  Thanks,
  Bruce

Jason Flatt <drupal at oadaeh.net> wrote:
  On Monday 28 May 2007 23:07:37 A-NO-NE Music wrote:
> My main section "ABOUT" contains:
> -My BIO
> -My Discography
> -- As a Leader
> -- As a Supporting Musician
> -My show schedule
> -Video Clips
> -Audio Clips
> -The list of musicians who plays for my shows (present/past)
>
> I did this by creating custom content types to each of them. After many
> days of trial and error, they all shows up as desired using Views.
> However, as I moved onto other section, such as my jazz theory section,
> where I used Book, I realized if I should had done all the "ABOUT"
> section in Book. The main reasons are:
> - Book provides "previous" and "next" node hyperlink at the bottom
> - Book provides summarized front page
> For example, I couldn't figure out how to create a View just to list the
> titles of all the subsections, like Book provides.
>
> If I want to convert all the "ABOUT" subsections to a Book, can it be
> done? I couldn't find it how. Searching at Drupal site but to no avail
> so far.

If you have the book module enabled, you should be able to integrate the pages
into a book by simply going to the "Outline" tab of each node and placing it
somewhere into the hierarchy.

--
Jason Flatt
http://www.oadaeh.net/