[support] Have I planned this all wrong?

Larry Garfield larry at garfieldtech.com
Thu May 31 02:54:25 UTC 2007

Awesome module.  It lets you custom-build a list of nodes according to a wide
range of configurable parameters.

CCK: http://drupal.org/project/cck

Drupal 5+ includes the ability to create new "basic" node types through the
admin.  A basic node type has a title and a body (body is disableable.)  CCK
lets you add additional fields to any given node type.  Those fields are
provided by separate, dedicated modules.  The CCK package includes several
(textfield, number, nodereference, etc.), and there's a huge number of others
available in contrib.

The usually best way to map out the site is to first decide what your node
types look like, conceptually.  Then figure out the fields they need.  Then
set those up using CCK.  Then determine what lists of nodes you'll want, and
build those using Views.  At least that's the usual method I use. :-)

--
Larry Garfield			AIM: LOLG42
larry at garfieldtech.com		ICQ: 6817012

Jefferson