[support] Book question

Jason Flatt drupal at oadaeh.net
Thu May 31 22:43:47 UTC 2007

On Thursday 31 May 2007 12:06:49 A-NO-NE Music wrote:
> 2007/05/30 / 12:20 AM     I wrote:
> >Book function is cool, but I can't find the way to place icon/image
> >besides the title link of each subsections.  Any help would be
> > appreciated.
>
> I desperately need help on this.  I have to make a decision between
> Views and Book.  Book is definitely better to do discography and huge
> list of musicians, but it worth nothing if I can't have an icon besides
> the title.

I'm not entirely sure what you're looking for here (which is why I didn't
respond sooner), but maybe some custom theming of book nodes will solve your
problem:
http://drupal.org/phptemplate
http://drupal.org/node/11816

Unfortunately, I can't point you to a book.tpl.php starting point, because I
don't know of one.

> On the other hand, I totally understand Book index isn't designed to
> have an icon.  Then I would like to find the way to do Views better,
> i.e., Views doesn't give me proper breadcrumbs like Book does.  Book's
> prev/next navigation at the bottom is too good for me to give up.  Can
> these be done in Views?

You could try Custom Breadcrumbs:
http://drupal.org/project/custom_breadcrumbs

Add Back/Next Links to Nodes: