[support] closing comments

Gordon Heydon gordon at heydon.com.au
Sun Nov 4 03:09:49 UTC 2007

Hi,

If you are going to use captcha I would recommend using recaptcha. Not
because it is any better, but because by using re-captcha you actually
get your users to help the process of scanning all the books of the world.

By using the words from the scanned books that the worlds best OCR
readers can't determine, And then doing the usual warping and other
other things.

But now the spam sites are passing your captcha onto real people so then
they will enter your captcha to so they can spam your site. So sometime
I think captcha is a bit pointless. But a least it is helping things.

see http://recaptcha.net/learnmore.html for more information. I use it
on a couple of sites just because of this reason.

Gordon.