[support] few forum customizations.

Benjamin Melançon pwgdarchive at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 13:15:03 UTC 2007

Hi Neil,

I haven't themed forums in this way but here's the general approach:

You want to *look* in forum.module (and possibly other files such as
include/*.inc files-- core isn't entirely modular (yet) to try to find
the function that outputs the time.  It _should_ be named function
theme_something_something.  (Where it is actually called to produce
output it will be in the form  theme('something_something') -- this is
how Drupal allows you to override theme functions rather than modify
core.

You don't modify forum.module, you will want to copy that function,
paste it in a template.php file for your theme, and rename it
mythemename_ or phptemplate_something_something, and modify it here.

I'm not saying it won't get more complicated than this ( for instance,
you don't want to retheme something like theme_item_list because that
will change the display all over your web site, so you need to look
for a more specific theme_ function that calls theme_item_list )  but
that's the Drupal way there.

benjamin, Agaric Design Collective, http://AgaricDesign.com/