[support] Creating a problem determination guide with drupal

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Nov 9 17:30:35 UTC 2007

Quoting Wayne Johnson <wdtj at yahoo.com>:

> Our support organization is trying to create a problem determination
> guide for our product.  What I mean is a "scripted" flow chart that
> they run through to try and isolate (or even fix) a customer's
> problem.  The biggest issue I see with this is that as a product
> changes over it's lifetime, the contents of this guide will change.
> In addition, we'll want this to be developed by the support personal
> as they gain experience with the product, finding new diagnostic
> procedures and tools.
>
> This is likely something built on a hierarchical  database with a
> bunch of questions like, does this work? Does that error occure?  Is
> there this message in a log?
>
> Anyone seen this in Drupal?  I know it could probably be built with
> the book module, just looking for something a bit more fault analysis
> based.

I think the node relativity[1] module can help you create what you
want; I'm using it as a mind mapping tool.  Add ACL[2] and Content
Access[3] to control who can do what with the nodes and you'll be in
good shape.

[1] http://drupal.org/project/relativity
[2] http://drupal.org/project/acl
[3] http://drupal.org/project/content_access