[support] Turning off multibyte support?

Mark Mcdonald mmcdonald at staff.iinet.net.au
Mon Nov 12 04:04:28 UTC 2007

php.ini is a global setting you probably don't have access to however
you should be able to edit the .htaccess file in your drupal directory.

To add a php.ini setting into the .htaccess file add a line like this:

php_flag setting value

For example in the php.ini file you might have a line like
"register_globals = off" which in a .htaccess file would look like
"php_flag register_globals off".

What you probably want to add is this:

php_flag mbstring.http_input auto

I'm not sure what the error you're getting means so you might need to
look up the correct value from somewhere else.

Good luck!

Mark