[support] Confessions of a Drupal Hacker 1

Fred Jones fredthejonester at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 19:19:58 UTC 2007

I know PHP/MySQL and I am learning Drupal. I like it very much, but
there are some things which I have not found a way to do so I just code
them myself in PHP.

Here are two examples to start:

1. A Contact Us page which returns the data submitted to the user. I
mean that the page displays the email and message submitted.

2. A nested navigation UL based on a taxonomy vocabulary. What I mean is
that I have an estore and the categories of products are stored as terms
in a certain vocabulary. I want to display links to each category page
as nested UL lists, so that Shoes is one link and inside of it is
another UL with Men's Shoes and Womens' Shoes, each also a link to that
category.

These are both things which I recently coded in PHP for sites. Just
wondering if there is a better way to handle such things.

Thanks.