[support] Moving files directory?

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Sun Nov 18 16:29:36 UTC 2007

I did a dumb thing.  When I first installed my site on my hosting
service, I unpacked the tarball in the wrong place.  Instead of
unpacking it in ~/sitename, I unpacked it in ~/sitename/drupal-5.3/.
I ran like that for a while then decided to move the whole drupal
directory tree one level up.

Now, I get complaints that "The directory files is not writable".
Only now have I noticed the warning, "Changing this location after
the site has been in use will cause problems so only change this
setting on an existing site if you know what you are doing." Ooops.
What do I need to do to fix the problem?

roy at panix.com