[support] Clean URL problem with Headdress

A-NO-NE Music madflute at anonemusic.com
Mon Nov 19 16:57:21 UTC 2007

Is anyone using Headdress for OSX on local dev machine?  Clean URL works
great if the source directory is on the boot volume.  Because I need to
switch between Tiger and Leopard, I moved the source directory to a 3rd
partition.  Headdress still works but not Clean URL.

Headdress is a handy tool to hack httpd.conf as in:

NameVirtualHost *:9000
<VirtualHost *:9000>
#ZDS Name: anonemusic_drupal5_3
DocumentRoot "/Users/<username>/Sites/anonemusic_drupal5_3"
ErrorLog error.log
Options Indexes MultiViews Includes
</VirtualHost>

The above engages CleanUrl just fine, but not when DocRoot is on a
partition as below:

NameVirtualHost *:9000
<VirtualHost *:9000>
#ZDS Name: anonemusic_drupal5_3
DocumentRoot "/Volumes/Documents/WebDev/anonemusic_drupal5_3"
ErrorLog error.log
Options Indexes MultiViews Includes
</VirtualHost>

Headdress support doesn't respond, probably because they don't know Drupal.

--

- Hiro

Hiroaki Honshuku, A-NO-NE Music, Boston, MA
<http://a-no-ne.com> <http://anonemusic.com>