[support] Drupal Staging/Preview Question

blogdiva at culturekitchen.com blogdiva at culturekitchen.com
Sat Nov 24 16:46:06 UTC 2007

Hi Tom,

I just read two of your questions and they are all quite valid.
Drupal has grown exponentially in the past 3 years or so and
documentation has not caught up with all the possible questions web
developers, expert users or end-users may have about the product.

Drupal does have the ability to QUEUE content. If you look in the
MODULES page [ http://drupal.org/project/Modules/name ] and search
the word "workflow", you will find several modules that may suit your
need.

The way I have done is by setting up a content class or NODE TYPE
(like for example, STORY) and configuring it to go UNPUBLISHED and to
QUEUE before it goes to publication. Then I give permissions to
'EDITORS' who can approve the stories, publish them and promote them
to the front page.

So the answer is yes, Drupal does have the ability to create a workflow.

Hope this helps,
liza

Liza Sabater, Publisher
www.culturekitchen.com