[support] Directory issue

A-NO-NE Music madflute at anonemusic.com
Sat Nov 24 17:26:29 UTC 2007

Because of the inconveniences when updating Drupal core, I have Drupal
files under a subdirectory:
    ~/public_html/drupal/
This way, I can dup the directory to update the core and test drive
before the switchover.

However, I still need the drupal directory to be the root to the public,
so I put this in .htaccess:
    RewriteRule (.*) drupal/$1 [L]
This works great.  Public audience doesn't see /drupal/ subdirectory.

However, this killed all of my sub-domains such as
private.mydomain.com.  I guess I can copy all the sub-domains'
subdirectories under drupal directory but I do not wish to do so for
obvious reasons.

Any help would be appreciated.

--

- Hiro

Hiroaki Honshuku, A-NO-NE Music, Boston, MA
<http://a-no-ne.com> <http://anonemusic.com>