[support] Page-specific Block Content

Fred Jones fredthejonester at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 15:39:31 UTC 2007

> I didn't quite get if your idea includes putting tthe ad content in a
> cck field, thus getting yourself out of the need to create a new block
> for each node.

Yes, the content of the ad can go into the CCK field, BUT we need that
content to show up on the web page in the 'right sidebar' part of the
page. The standard way to put content there AFAIK is via a block. But in
my case the content is actually part of the node. Thus my first
inclination is to use PHP to get the content from the node.

Same concept applies to Views--not sure really even where to store the
content for ads specific to views. Each view is determined, furthermore,
but an argument, so myview/2 will need different ad content than
myview/3. I could store those in a new CCK type called 'viewads' perhaps...

any ideas are appreciated. :)

Thanks!