[support] page titles for views?

Bill Fitzgerald bill at funnymonkey.com
Tue Oct 2 13:02:18 UTC 2007

Stefan Borchert wrote:
> sander-martijn schrieb:
>
>> I just figured it out - apparently it has to be within if ($hook ==
>> 'page') {} in order to work.  As soon as I put it in there (where the
>> page_title module code lives) it worked.
>> [snip]
>> Not maintainable and not recommended, but will get me through this
>> hurdle.  If anyone has a better suggestion I'm still open to it as this
>> is not the best idea.
>>

> Hi.
> Did you try to set the page_header (title) within the argument handling
> code of the view?
> I'm using this in a view to "unset" the title if there are any arguments:
> <code>
> if (count($args) > 0) {
>   $view->page_header = '';
> }
> </code>
>
> hth,
>
>  Stefan

This would work if the page_header and the page_title were the same
thing -- I think what they're looking for is the ability to make them
different -- if this worked, it would be pretty sweet, though.

In thinking about this more, the cleanest way through this is probably a
helper module for views that inserts an additional field into the form
to add new views -- this field would contain the custom page title.

Cheers,

Bill

--
Bill Fitzgerald