[support] easy way for users to upload images ?

Jason Flatt drupal at oadaeh.net
Sun Oct 7 13:22:02 UTC 2007

On Sunday 07 October 2007 03:42:13 Xavier Bestel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> since I have made our community site in drupal 5, I have constant
> requests from our users to "make it simple" because it's apparently far
> too complex. One big sore point seems to be uploading of images (in
> stories or as albums). I'm using the image module and derivatives.
> Now, it reached the point where they want me to switch to another
> framework, like joomla.
>
> So, does anyone have a way to make images uploading intuitive ?

I don't know that Joomla will get you anything better. Based on what I was
able to tell on your site (I don't speak, read or write Danish), the current
form structure you have for uploading an image is fairly basic and common. I
don't think you can get much simpler w/o losing the functionality.

You could change or add some verbage to make it more clear, if that would
help. You could also try using the CCK image field module and adding it to
the Forum node type. I don't know if that would actually get you anything
different, but you might have more control over what is displayed.

Is there anything specific about what and/or how your users want it simpler?
To me, it's as simple as it gets.

--
Jason Flatt
http://www.oadaeh.net/