[support] Good events calendar?

Ari Davidow aridavidow at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 16:54:48 UTC 2007

Hi,

I am getting ready to move my events calendar from another application.
Looking over discussions on google.org, it looks like my best bet would be
to use the separate WebCalendar application, and then integrate that, rather
than start from the "events" or "calendar" modules?

What I am looking for is a way to let multiple users post events, globally,
and to enable both export and import to as many formats as possible. In an
ideal world, someone could subscribe to events in Boston, MA, and/or to
events in category "workshop".

I have a simple calendar of events now (
http://www.klezmershack.com/calendar/), but even if one ignores the template
formatting which I haven't done, this particular system requires that =I=
manually add all events, and becomes useless when I am not available.

It seems especially critical to ensure that events can be exported to local
PDAs, but also to appear in other calendar applications. The goal isn't
necessarily to have people find out about an event at my website, but
rather, to find out about the events that interest them where they look for
events, and to be able to post information about their own relevant events
(in this case, Jewish music and related Balkan, Middle Eastern, and other
music).

Thanks,
ari