[support] Good events calendar?

Ari Davidow aridavidow at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 13:51:45 UTC 2007

Shai--there was a big typo in my message. I typed "google.org" when I meant
"drupal.org".

The issues are exactly as you describe them. Using the WebCalendar
application, I get a lot of functionality out of the box, but integration
with Drupal would be less than optimal. It's a dead end, from which I would
eventually export data to something that I'd probably have to build from
scratch. The existing "events" module, does little useful to this purpose,
and based on some conversation last night at the Drupal meetup, I'd be
better off starting off with CCK and Views, and then adding in some stuff
like location and maps, perhaps, plus date for the start/stop date stuff,
and perhaps calendar for the monthly calendar box view, with taxonomy for
the categories, etc.

>From the reaction at the meeting, it is also clear that I was especially
unclear about how important it is, once the information is available, to
make it exportable and to set up ways for other calendars to pick it up. I
don't think that this is an area many people have thought about, and I'm not
sure I explained it in a useful manner.

Lots of work for my copious spare personal time ;-). I may, for all the
defaults, start with WebCalendar so as to move some things forward.

ari