[support] easy way for users to upload images ?

Xavier Bestel xavier.bestel at free.fr
Sun Oct 14 08:07:05 UTC 2007

Le dimanche 07 octobre 2007 à 12:39 -0300, Greg Knaddison a écrit :
> On 10/7/07, sander-martijn <lists at severeddreams.com> wrote:
> > There are so many ways to handle images that I think you need to
> > describe what exactly you mean by "make images uploading intuitive".
>
> What do you mean - doesn't everyone agree that this is the most intuitive way ?
>
> scp -r imagefolder/ user at example.com:link_to_image_folder/

Eeek !

> I agree with Sander - I don't there is an "intuitive" way.  You'll
> have to ask them for an example of what is "intuitive".

Many of my users certainly can't use scp. Imagine the Windows-only Joe,
usign hotmail and surfing the web and barely knowing that there's a
difference between XP and Vista.
Yet these users sometimes have very interesting lives, and want to post
a blog or a photo album. I'm using the Image module (and previously
tried IMCE), but it sucks at being intuitive.
I was wondering if some people managed to do better.

Thanks,
	Xav