[support] easy way for users to upload images ?

Greg Knaddison - GVS Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Sun Oct 14 13:22:40 UTC 2007

On 10/14/07, Xavier Bestel <xavier.bestel at free.fr> wrote:
> Many of my users certainly can't use scp. Imagine the Windows-only Joe,
> usign hotmail and surfing the web and barely knowing that there's a
> difference between XP and Vista.
> Yet these users sometimes have very interesting lives, and want to post
> a blog or a photo album. I'm using the Image module (and previously
> tried IMCE), but it sucks at being intuitive.
> I was wondering if some people managed to do better.

My point wasn't that "scp" was the most intuitive way for all people,
but rather that saying something isn't "intuitive" is like saying it's
"ugly".  Everyone has their own feelings about what makes something
ugly/pretty or intuitive/unintuitive.  What's intuitive for me may not
be for you and a third person complicates the situation further.

If this were as easy as "make IMCE intuitive" then this problem would
be solved.  Instead, we have 10+ different modules that attack the
problem in slightly different ways because they are more or less
intuitive *to the users of those systems*.

One thing that might help is if you could have your users gather
screenshots of image uploading systems that seem "intuitive" to them.
Then you can look for common elements in those systems and build a
solution that would work for them (probably by "theming" the input
form of an existing system).

Greg

--
Greg Knaddison