[support] RTF Import

Fred Jones fredthejonester at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 12:07:58 UTC 2007

I have now a set of around 10K RTF files which I want to import into
Drupal as nodes. Roughly 600 of them have external images, linked using
a structured file naming system. The RTF data is structured in volumes,
each one to a directory, and then each page (more or less) is an RTF file.

We have defined the teaser as the first 150 words of each article, where
articles are defined as beginning on certain pages in another file. We
plan to make the teasers available publicly and the full text only to
paying members.

I have poked around Google and drupal.com and I haven't really found any
good solution for this type of import. The RTF files are not technically
simple--some have tables and sideways text and other non-trivial RTF
constructs.

Any ideas as how to begin with this job? Perhaps convert RTF to HTML or
XML first?

Thanks,
Fred