[support] Upgrade to Drupal 5?

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Mon Oct 15 21:33:38 UTC 2007

Allen Stern wrote:
> FYI - I moved my drupal site (www.centernetworks.com) from 4.7 to 5 last
> month - I was quite worried because I edited the core along with just
> tons of edits. I found the process to be painless and took about 3 hrs
> to get everything back the way I wanted it. Some tweaks to the template
> were the trickiest if I remember.

You edited the *core*? Wow.

As a matter of fact, I've tweaked the templates too and that's part of
what I was worried about. I use the '$user' variable in a couple of places.

> Just make sure you watch the upgrade video and back up everything!

Will do. I think I'll first setup a basic Drupal 5 site (I got a new
order) to get a feel for the software, then I'll upgrade a less
important site that I also administer and then upgrade the "mission
critical" site.

Question: I know that you can have multiple sites on the same Drupal
installation. But can each site have a different set of modules? I admin
more than one site, but they are all totally different.

Thanks for the help.

Cheers,
Daniel.