[support] Online Journal / e-Portfolio

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Wed Oct 17 21:35:23 UTC 2007

Larry Garfield wrote:
> Will there always be a one-to-many relationship from user
> to portfolio piece?

Yes.

- Each pupil will have multiple portfolio pages.
- Each portfolio page will belong to exactly one pupil.

If two students work on a project together they can each make a separate
page about it.

> If so, just have them create "portfolio piece" nodes, then
> setup a view at user/$arg/portfolio.  $arg is the userid.
> That will then show you all of user 5's portfolio nodes on
> user/5/portfolio, all of user 9's portfolio nodes on
> user/9/portfolio, etc.

That sounds just perfect, but I don't know how to do it. How do the
pupils create a "portfolio piece" node and how do I create a view for
it? Can I create a new content type and call it "portfolio node"? If so,
how?

Thanks for the help!

Daniel.