[support] multiple sites on same install was: Re: Upgrade to Drupal 5?

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Thu Oct 18 08:45:09 UTC 2007

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 10:12:35 +1300
Anton <anton.list at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yeah that would be a risk for a larger team with lots of projects
> (ie not us). I suppose education and branching would help. Does svn
> have any scope for read-only working dirs?

You can make read-only dirs with apache/.htpaccess to different
groups of people.
I don't know if you can do it through svn client (I doubt it).

> > You should branch the module, modify one project to link to the
> > new version, test it, change the link of all the others...
> > The workflow should require a lot of discipline.

> Doesn't any programming workflow? ;)

Not where the wine is good ;)

OK... if I'll ever need to make important changes to core or modules
I'll know where to start from to deploy an infrastructure that will
help me.

the trick for having dev/prod setting with multi-site is neat and
easy to understand. Having time to learn how to use the svn hook
system that would be another place where to look at.

thanks

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it