[support] Multi-site question

sander-martijn lists at severeddreams.com
Thu Oct 18 21:41:48 UTC 2007

Because as Ivan said (this is assuming you want to migrate one or some
of the sites not all) you would need to use a script like sed or
manually separate the tables with the appropriate prefix from the rest
of the databse.  You might be able to export foo_% but I didn't think
using the % variable worked on tables - I could be mistaken.

either way, that's just one of several reasons given why a single
database can be more complicated and less desirable than separate
databases - however no one said it can't be done and if the benefit
outweighs the drawbacks mentioned you certainly can do it, just that
there are reasons why it is not the best way to go.