[support] Content translation in Drupal 6 beta2

Alexander trilla at mail.ru
Thu Oct 25 08:03:46 UTC 2007

Hi everyone,
this is cross post from forum node: http://drupal.org/node/186217

I have some questions for content translation feature of the new
Drupal-6-beta2. I tried to make a site with two languages (Russian and
English, with Russian as basic). I have added russian language, make it
default, add Path prefix 'en' to English language. I also enabled
'Multilingual support' for page content type. And I selected 'Path prefix
only' Language negotiation.

Then I have created two pages - 'about company'. One on russian and
another on english. I want to make russian page with alias 'about' and
english page with 'en/about'. But, when I create these two pages, both
aliases: 'about' and 'en/about' show russian page, and english version has
an alias 'en/en/about'. What I am doing wrong?

And another question about content translation are news. I have tried to
make some story-type news with translation on two languages. I have
expected that russian-language news will be visible only on russian part
of the site, and english - on english. But now on the frontpage are listed
both russian and english news. Language switcher block has no effect too.
I've tried to switch back and forth - nothing happens - frontpage has both
russian and english news.

p.s. Sorry for my bad english.