[support] Development Site -- Keep the Public Out

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Oct 29 13:24:26 UTC 2007

Quoting Earnie Boyd <earnie at users.sourceforge.net>:

>> I tried making the "You are on a test site" a node instead of a block. That
>> makes the "Welcome to your New Drupal Site" dissappear for anonymous users,
>> but the "You are on a development site" node, continues to appear after
>> staff or I have logged in. I've tried in Content Access to just check
>> "anonymous" -- but it seems that module doesn't work the same way as the
>> blocks code does.
>>
>> Is this a bug in the Content Access module?
>>

> Hmm... It should work.  I'll give it a try in a few.

Yes, I tried this.  I went to the page content type edit mode and
selected "Access Control" and enabled the "Per node access control
settings".  I created a page as UID 1 and promoted it to the front
page.  I set the access control to Anonymous view only.  I logged out
checked that anonymous can see it.  I logged in as my normal node entry
user and checked that it doesn't show.

It does show when the UID is 1 but whether or not that is a bug is left
to interpretation of ideas.  As Drupal is coded UID 1 should have
rights to all data so it isn't a bug but as designed.

Earnie -- http://for-my-kids.com/
-- http://give-me-an-offer.com/