[support] Session management

Fernando Silva fsilva.pt at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 12:09:51 UTC 2007

Hi Philippe,

On 9/4/07, Philippe Jadin <philippe.jadin at gmail.com> wrote:
> There must be something wrong in your app. Flash is supposed to use
> the browser to send http requests and thus Drupal should receive the
> session from the flash http request like it would for a normal http
> request from the browser.

Not if the flash application is using "FileReference" class to upload files.
(damn... I opened the game and told you that I have a flash file
uploader that uploads multiple files from a directory and have a
progress bar for file uploading)

It's a bug in Flash 8 FileReference class that does not use the
browser to send those requests, neither the cookies or even the
browser identifier. Also, in Flash 8 we cannot pass extra data in the
HTTP request or receive data from that request. I could use Flash 9
anyways... I just was trying to avoid that.

> Anyway, you can use the standard url get
> syntax, like :
>
> yoursite.com/node/5?session_id=yoursession_id
>
> the part after ? will not harm Drupal (Drupal pager use the same syntax)
>
> I hope that helps, but I fear that it won't, because sending the
> session like this will have no influence on the Drupal side. You
> should take a look at Drupal session handling, and see if it uses the
> same system as the built in php session handling (which appends a url
> query string when cookies are not available)

It seems to me that Drupal forces the use of session management through cookies.