[support] Node "reads" not working in "most popular" view

Jean Gazis jgazis at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 02:24:14 UTC 2007

Yes, but I figured out the problem. I had the hits counter turned off for
the whole site. However, I had looked for something like that in post and
site settings and not found where to do it. Then I went to look at the logs,
and the log for page hits was blank, and then I turned it on.

I still have some views issues but I'll try to put more detail in another
post. One of them is, I can add fields, but I can't always see how to remove
them.

On 9/6/07, Laura Scott <laura at pingv.com> wrote:

> On Sep 6, 2007, at 3:14 PM, Jean Gazis wrote:
>
> I've been having some issues with Views on a couple of sites. The All-Time
> Most Popular view that comes with the module isn't showing the number of
> reads or sorting on it. The default sort is supposed to be popularity, but
> they seem to be sorting on create date instead. Here is the page view:
> http://urbanorganic.jeangazis.com/popular/alltime .  I turned off the
> block, but it showed the items like this: "Calabacitas ()"
>
> Do I need to have a "reads" counter in the content item itself? If so, how
> do I add that field?
>

> This may seem obvious, but since you don't say it, I will ask: Did you set
> the sort criteria (at the very bottom of the view edit screen) to number of
> views?
>
> Laura

Jean Gazis
www.jeangazis.com
www.boxofrain.us

"Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it." - André
Gide