[support] intranet/extranet combo - good idea?

Morten Holmstrup morten at holmstrups.dk
Fri Sep 7 20:38:53 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'll be developing both an intranet and an extranet for a client (a
church).

Now, I'm thinking of doing this with subdomains and a common codebase,
like:

www.churchname.com
intranet.churchpage.com

This would enable single logins for the staff, but I'm curious if this
the way to go as I haven't really found a lot of info about these kinds
of setups on drupal.org.

is this a good way to do it, or do you think I will run into too many
problems regarding security and other stuff? Is it better to separate
the intra- and extranets?

thanks!
Morten