[support] intranet/extranet combo - good idea?

Shai Gluskin shai at content2zero.com
Sun Sep 9 21:13:29 UTC 2007

Jean, Morten, and all,

I've used Organic Groups, Taxonomy Access Control and Content Access, and I
think, all other things being equal, that Content Access is the simplest of
the three, especially for a beginner.

I find organic groups fairly easy to use when groups are public but pretty
complicated and confusing when trying to pull off private groups.

I also think that if Morten is a beginner, it's not a bad idea to use
separate installations, as he has concluded. I would use a different theme
for each site or use Garland with different color schemes so that staff
really understand that the sites are different and won't get confused about
logging in etc... on the different sites.

Shai