[support] site access

Stefan Seefeld seefeld at sympatico.ca
Mon Sep 17 14:18:51 UTC 2007

Shai Gluskin wrote:
> Stefan,
>
> Go to: admin/build/block
>
> find the "User Login" block and set it to "none" and click "submit" at
> the bottom.
>
> Now there will be no link on your home page for the public, but also for
> admins,  to log-in.  So it is very important that all admins bookmark
> the URL: /user which is where they will log in.

Hmm, I don't think this is what I want. I do want to display the login
block. I just don't want to display the "request account" question, as
users aren't allowed to request an account.
But since the administration parameters allow for this specific scenario,
i.e. require admins to subscribe new users, not merely moderating subscription
requests, I thought this was a bug in the UI (or at least, I find it inadequate,
if 'bug' sounds too strong a term. :-) )

Thanks,
		Stefan