[support] site access

sander-martijn sander at sander-martijn.com
Mon Sep 17 14:28:01 UTC 2007

You can do it, and I believe the way I did it was by disabling the block
but enabling the menu item that links to /user - I renamed my link to
Extranet.  My /user page does not have a request account link.  If yours
does then I did something else in addition to those steps because I
don't have it.

.s

Stefan Seefeld wrote:
> Shai Gluskin wrote:
>
>> Stefan,
>>
>> Go to: admin/build/block
>>
>> find the "User Login" block and set it to "none" and click "submit" at
>> the bottom.
>>
>> Now there will be no link on your home page for the public, but also for
>> admins,  to log-in.  So it is very important that all admins bookmark
>> the URL: /user which is where they will log in.
>>

> Hmm, I don't think this is what I want. I do want to display the login
> block. I just don't want to display the "request account" question, as
> users aren't allowed to request an account.
> But since the administration parameters allow for this specific scenario,
> i.e. require admins to subscribe new users, not merely moderating subscription
> requests, I thought this was a bug in the UI (or at least, I find it inadequate,
> if 'bug' sounds too strong a term. :-) )
>
> Thanks,
> 		Stefan

sander-martijn <mailto:sander at sander-martijn.com>
interface developer | architect