[support] User-based reports (WAS: Theming the Contact Page)

Jason Flatt drupal at oadaeh.net
Tue Sep 18 21:07:35 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 18 September 2007 11:38:07 Fred Jones wrote:
> sander-martijn wrote:
> > For much greater flexibility and easier maintenance consider the
> > webforms module.  This allows you to add as many custom fields as you
> > need, email different addresses, add content before and after, database
> > the info and look at stats etc.  That's what i used to create 3
> > different contact forms that included questionaires etc.
>
> This raises an interesting question. I have a site where we want to
> allow members who are of the type 'Volunteer' to login and submit a form
> with a few fields like:
>
> DATE
> ACTIVITY (dropdown)
> NOTES (textarea)
>
> Then we need to allow both the admins and the Volunteer himself to be
> able to view a table of all such records, where Date, Activity and Notes
> are the columns. Each Volunteer could of course see only his own records
> and the admins would need to be able to view a unique table for each
> volunteer.
>
> We started this with CCK, but I haven't gotten it just yet.
>
> Is webforms the way to go for this?
>
> Thanks!

I believe the best way to go is to use CCK and Views.  You create a new
content type w/CCK.  You give the volunteers to ability to create content and
edit their own content for the new node type in the Access control area.
Then you create as many views as you need to display what you need to whom
you need (two might work, but might require the creative use of $args).

Though I haven't actually tried it, I don't think you can get your views (or
reports) the way you want them with the Webform module.

--
Jason Flatt
http://www.oadaeh.net/