[support] User-based reports (WAS: Theming the Contact Page)

sander-martijn sander at sander-martijn.com
Tue Sep 18 21:13:08 UTC 2007

Yeah that's not exactly how webforms works - you can't create content
that is then publically accessible - it would email and/or database the
submissions and then an admin would have to go in and create the actual
content type.  Using cck to create a content type and allowing that role
to create and edit would be the way to go for this.

.s

Jason Flatt wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 September 2007 11:38:07 Fred Jones wrote:
>
>> sander-martijn wrote:
>>
>>> For much greater flexibility and easier maintenance consider the
>>> webforms module.  This allows you to add as many custom fields as you
>>> need, email different addresses, add content before and after, database
>>> the info and look at stats etc.  That's what i used to create 3
>>> different contact forms that included questionaires etc.
>>>
>> This raises an interesting question. I have a site where we want to
>> allow members who are of the type 'Volunteer' to login and submit a form
>> with a few fields like:
>>
>> DATE
>> ACTIVITY (dropdown)
>> NOTES (textarea)
>>
>> Then we need to allow both the admins and the Volunteer himself to be
>> able to view a table of all such records, where Date, Activity and Notes
>> are the columns. Each Volunteer could of course see only his own records
>> and the admins would need to be able to view a unique table for each
>> volunteer.
>>
>> We started this with CCK, but I haven't gotten it just yet.
>>
>> Is webforms the way to go for this?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>

> I believe the best way to go is to use CCK and Views.  You create a new
> content type w/CCK.  You give the volunteers to ability to create content and
> edit their own content for the new node type in the Access control area.
> Then you create as many views as you need to display what you need to whom
> you need (two might work, but might require the creative use of $args).
>
> Though I haven't actually tried it, I don't think you can get your views (or
> reports) the way you want them with the Webform module.

sander-martijn <mailto:sander at sander-martijn.com>
interface developer | architect
sander at sander-martijn.com <mailto:sander at sander-martijn.com>
www.sander-martijn.com <http://www.sander-martijn.com>