[support] most drupalish way to collect data from users

Metzler, David metzlerd at evergreen.edu
Wed Sep 19 14:39:58 UTC 2007

Although you could build your own module, which is what the
documentation you are pointing describes. There are other modules that
have been created to store this data.

Consider creating a custom content type with CCK using the form fields
you want and just letting users submit nodes,

Or alternatively, look at the following contrib modules that have
already been written.

http://www.drupal.org/project/webform
http://www.drupal.org/project/survey