[support] most drupalish way to collect data from users

Jason Flatt drupal at oadaeh.net
Wed Sep 19 13:26:18 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 19 September 2007 00:37:14 Ivan Sergio Borgonovo wrote:
> I just need someone to point me at the right FM.
> I need a form where user can insert data + 1 file in a DB table.
>
> The easiest way would be to have a php node etc...
>
> Is there a more kosher way using modules or drupal api?

In addition to what has already been suggested, there is the profile module
(included with the core Drupal install) and there is the usernode module used
in conjunction with CCK. The later may be the best bet for what you want. I
have been using the profile module for one site, and am in the process of
switching over to the usernode/cck set, because of custom reporting
requirements.

--
Jason Flatt
http://www.oadaeh.net/