[support] FORUM permission and moderation granularity

Davide Galletti davide at davide.galletti.name
Mon Sep 24 09:22:53 UTC 2007

Hi all,

in the site I am building there are different sections each accessible
to a different groups of users
identified by different roles; users can have more than one role. I am
using Taxonomy Access Control
but I do not manage to restrict access to Forums.
What I would like is:
    user with role X can read/write on Forum X
    user with role X, Y can read/write on Forum X and Y
and so on ...
I defined Taxonomy Access Permission using the term that is created
automatically
when you create a Forum but it doesn't seem to work...
If the Forum and the Term of the Forum Vocabulary are named "X" I have set
Taxonomy access permissions for Anonymous and Authenticated roles as
follows:
    Show-Deny   Update-Deny   Delete-Deny
And for the role "X":
    Show-Allow  Update-Allow   Delete-Deny   List
When log in as a user with role "X" and I try to add a new Forum Topic
the drop-down list of Forums is empty!
I manage to reply to a Topic added by the admin.
Any hints?

Second issue: is it possible to have one Forum moderated and another one
not moderated
on different sections?

TIA for your help,

Davide