[support] FORUM permission and moderation granularity

Davide Galletti davide at davide.galletti.name
Mon Sep 24 20:47:03 UTC 2007

Cog Rusty ha scritto:
> On 9/24/07, Davide Galletti <davide at davide.galletti.name> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> in the site I am building there are different sections each accessible
>> to a different groups of users
>> identified by different roles; users can have more than one role. I am
>> using Taxonomy Access Control
>> but I do not manage to restrict access to Forums.
>> What I would like is:
>>     user with role X can read/write on Forum X
>>     user with role X, Y can read/write on Forum X and Y
>> and so on ...
>> I defined Taxonomy Access Permission using the term that is created
>> automatically
>> when you create a Forum but it doesn't seem to work...
>> If the Forum and the Term of the Forum Vocabulary are named "X" I have set
>> Taxonomy access permissions for Anonymous and Authenticated roles as
>> follows:
>>     Show-Deny   Update-Deny   Delete-Deny
>> And for the role "X":
>>     Show-Allow  Update-Allow   Delete-Deny   List
>> When log in as a user with role "X" and I try to add a new Forum Topic
>> the drop-down list of Forums is empty!
>> I manage to reply to a Topic added by the admin.
>> Any hints?
>>

> There is also a "Create" permission in TAC, which controls the terms
> appearing in the category selection dropdown list for tagging the
> node.
It was already set; I just forgot to tell...
The category selection dropdown list is empty for the user with role X
and normally filled
for the admin; I have given the role X all possible permssions related
to forums and comments
but still the dropdown is empty !
> The role also needs "create" and "edit own" general permissions
> in admin/user/access.

Added, but didn't make any difference.
> You may also want to disable the "Update" TAC permission if you don't
> want that role to be able to edit *anyone's* posts. That one is only
> good for moderators. It is not needed for privileged "readers".
>

>> Second issue: is it possible to have one Forum moderated and another one
>> not moderated
>> on different sections?
>>

> You mean with a different URL? Not out of the box as far as I know.
> Perhaps you could fake a forum using a custom-made "forum" front page
> with assigned views, a content type and categories.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Regards

Davide