[support] FORUM permission and moderation granularity

Cog Rusty cog.rusty at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 13:44:19 UTC 2007

On 9/26/07, Davide Galletti <davide at davide.galletti.name> wrote:

>  Thanks Cog, thanks Shyamala,
>
>  > "Rebuild permissions" in /admin/content/node-settings (only Drupal 5).
>  it doesn't seem to do any difference
>

>  > Did you try forum_access module. it works as long as Taxonomy Access
> Control (TAC) Module is disabled
>
>  It looks like TAC module is not Forum-aware ... this is the test I have
> done:
>  1) start from scratch with a 5.2
>  2) create a couple of forums and users
>  3) admin/user/access   give authenticated users "create forum topics"
> permission
>  4) users are able to create topics in any forum
>  5) install and enable TAC (no settings changed)
>  6) BUG: users find an empty drop down list when they want to create new
> forum topics
>
>  It is quite a surprise to me, so I still think I am doing something wrong
>
>  7) adding in TAC
>      Show-Allow Update-Allow Delete-Deny Create List
>      permission to authenticated user for Forum-*default* and for all forums
> does
>      not change the behaviour ...
>
>  Am I missing something? Is it really a TAC forum incompatibility?
>  Anybody else has come across before??

No, TAC has been used for a long time for this purpose.  You must
apply the TAC permission to specific categories of the forums
vocabulary. "Default" is for categories which will be created in the
future (for new forum containers).

Also notice that if you use TAC and Forum Access at the same time,
then whenever some of their permissions disagree "allow" will always
win.