[support] Inline Image Support

Cog Rusty cog.rusty at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 17:42:59 UTC 2007

On 9/27/07, Mark Mcdonald <mmcdonald at staff.iinet.net.au> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for a solution that allows a user creating content to upload
> images from their local machine and embed them in the story / page being
> created.
>
> I currently have a setup using TinyMCE & the attachment module (with a
> bit of custom code to bind the two together) but I'm finding a range of
> problems such as: TinyMCE's "are you sure you want to navigate away"
> popup being alerted when I click preview, IE users being unable to
> resize images, and access to uploaded images being denied until the node
> is submitted.
>
> Does anyone know of an out-of-the-box solution for allowing users to use
> their own images when creating content?  I'm using Drupal 4.7.

I am copy/pasting from a reply I gave to an identical forum question yesterday:

inline module: Very simple, you just type a tag in the text after
uploading the image as an attachment. No browsing of existing images.
http://drupal.org/project/inline

image module + img_assist module: Good for organizing your images in
galleries (images become nodes), with thumbnails etc, but not very
quick if you don't need that.
http://drupal.org/project/image
http://drupal.org/project/img_assist (this one actually places the image)

IMCE module: For easy uploading and placing and for browsing already
uploaded image directories. Works well with TinyMCE.
http://drupal.org/project/imce

CCK + imagefield: The uploaded image is placed at a predefined place
on the post. It may require some theming before it works right.
http://drupal.org/project/cck
http://drupal.org/project/imagefield
http://drupal.org/project/imagecache