[support] NIS Authentication

Tony Yarusso tonyyarusso at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 16:32:43 UTC 2008

All right, here's the situation:  We currently have our network set up to do
authentication through NIS.  Long-term I would prefer to see that moved to
LDAP, but I just started plus we're in the season where everything is being
used, so that can't be done now.  We would like to put up a Drupal site that
has accounts for all of the same people that have network accounts.
Therefore, it would be very nice if there were some way to integrate the two
(preferably with Drupal being slave to the rest, not the other way around).
So the first question is, is there some sort of NIS integration module I
could be using?  Second, if not, I see that there are some for LDAP, so
would there be a way to mirror the NIS information onto an LDAP server and
then in turn use that for Drupal, thus also giving me time to play around
with LDAP for a possible migration later?

--
Tony Yarusso
http://tonyyarusso.com/