[support] Actions, Workflow, Action_Email_role, CCK, Field, trigger email

yrrman yrrman yrrman at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 6 16:22:46 UTC 2008

Dear All,

we'd like to ask for advice for the following problem:

- we want to allow anonymous users to fill in a CCK-generated form
(some sort of survey, captcha-protected)
- depending on the value of a dropdown-field in the form we want to
notify different users in different roles that there is a new node to
review.

I.e., the workflow is as follows:

- Anonymous submits a form
- On Submit an email is sent out to users in different roles
(reviewers)  depending on the value of a field in the form
- the new node is unpublished and sent to review
- upon review the reviewer may publish or discard the new node

I have read the following posts:
"Action triggered upon submitting" --
http://groups.drupal.org/node/5310  -- but this doesn't solve our
problem completely, it seems.

Also we have taken notice of the modules workflow, workflow_ng,
action_Email_role and also the Module "Field Actions"(*) but it seems
there is no "standards non-coding way" of going on -- is this correct?
And also I'd like to ask for your opinion about the two different
version of the action modules (5.x.1 and 5.x.2) and their way to deal
with actions (old-style and drupal-6-style). We do want to migrate to
drupal 6 (from 5.7) sometime  but at the moment a lot of modules we
are utilizing are not completely ported to drupal 6, but we need the
functionality now ;-)

Thanks in advance for all advice or pointing into the right direction,

Greetings,

yrrman

(*)"As of the Drupal 6 release, this module is no longer supported. If
you would like to take over maintenance, please contact the author"