[support] Broken CCK Module

Fred Jones fredthejonester at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 15:32:16 UTC 2008

On a normal site when I go to

http://xxx.org/admin/content/types/audio

I see the links:

# Edit
# Manage fields
# Display fields
# Add field
# Add group

Or something like that, depending on which CCK modules I have. However,
I have a 'broken' site that shows:

     * List
     * Add content type
     * Fields
     * Export
     * Import

which is more like what I would expect to see at the URL

http://xxx.org/admin/content/types

On the 'broken' site I indeed see those same links on /admin/content/types

CCK (5.x-1.6-1) is of course enabled, but this site has a LOT of
modules, including one custom one. This is what CCK says:

Required by: Asset Manager (disabled), Content Copy (enabled), Content
Taxonomy (enabled), Content Taxonomy ActiveSelect (enabled), Content
Taxonomy Autocomplete (enabled), Content Taxonomy Options (enabled),
Date (enabled), Date Copy (enabled), EMail (enabled), Fieldgroup
(enabled), Image (enabled), Node Reference (enabled), Number (enabled),
Option Widgets (enabled), Text (enabled), User Reference (enabled)

I would think that next debugging step would be to disable CCK, but that
requires disabling all those required mods. I am a bit concerned,
however, that if I disable them, something may happen to our data.

Any advice as to how to proceed? This is not my site--I just inherited
it and need to work on it.

I suppose I will make a backup and do my debugging idea, but if anyone
has another idea, let me know. :)

Thanks!