[support] Broken CCK Module

Cog Rusty cog.rusty at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 17:25:50 UTC 2008

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 8:07 PM, Fred Jones <fredthejonester at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Right, http://xxx.org/admin/content/types/foobar gives you a
>  > http://xxx.org/admin/content/types page when a "foobar" content type
>  > has not been defined or a module responsible for it is
>  > disabled/broken.
>
>  ah, very interesting.
>

>  > So, does the "audio" content type appear in your list of types in the
>  > http://xxx.org/admin/content/types page or not?
>  >
>  > If it exists, is "audio" its exact machine-readable name, and does its
>  > link lead exactly to http://xxx.org/admin/content/types/audio ?
>
>  Yes, it exists and that's the link. I chose that as an example, but this
>  problem exists for ALL content types which I can click 'edit' on from
>  /admin/content/types including:
>

>  http://xxx.org/admin/content/types/page
>
>  The live site works fine--all nodes appear to be in working order. I am
>  still investigating the mod code. Slowly... :(

Interesting. In case this helps narrow it down, the "page" and "story"
core types do not rely on CCK or any special modules (except if you
have added more fields besides title and body) and  they are created
as user-defined types with a database INSERT during Drupal
installation.

On the other hand, the "blog entry" core type does rely on a blog module.