[support] Drupal 6.2 / PostgreSQL 8.2 installation failure

Jesper K. Pedersen linux at famped.dk
Tue Apr 15 12:45:02 UTC 2008

> On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 14:41:11 +0200 (CEST)
> "Jesper K. Pedersen" <linux at famped.dk> wrote:
>
>> Trying to install a fresh clean Drupal version 6.2 on my webserver
>> ended up with these error messages :
>>
>> Drupal installation complete
>> ------------------------------
>> warning: pg_query() [function.pg-query]: Query failed: ERROR:
>> column "uid" does not exist LINE 1: SELECT * FROM users u WHERE uid
>> = 1 ^ in /www_root/drupal.famped.dk/includes/database.pgsql.inc on
>
>>                                    Table "public.users"
>>    Column    |         Type          |                     Modifiers
>> -------------+-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
>>  id          | integer               | not null default
>> nextval('users_id_seq'::regclass)
>>  user_name   | character varying(25) | not null
>>  user_passwd | character varying(25) | not null
>>     "users_pkey" PRIMARY KEY, btree (id)
>
> this looks as the wrong table/database.
>
> Columns for users table should be uid, name, mail, created... up to
> my memory.
>
> It looks as if you connected to another DB/schema.

You were (partly) right. I just checked my postgresql and at some point in
time I must have accidentally created that table in my template1 database
instead of my users database. This in turn hindered drupal in creating its
own users table.

I just fixed that and now drupal install and runs as it ought to (sorry
about that problem).

Best regards
JesperKP