[support] Forum topics not posting

Tony Yarusso tonyyarusso at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 17:34:04 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 11:15 AM, Tony Yarusso <tonyyarusso at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I recently enabled the core Forums module, and somethings not working
> quite right.  Users are able to click the "Post new forum topic" link,
> successfully fill out the form, and submit, and the results DO show up in
> the "Administer > Content" area, but do not display in the forum itself.  It
> still claims there are 0 topics and 0 posts.  It appears that the posts are
> not being assigned any category, although I would have thought that would
> have been taken care of by the node/add/forum/38 link used to post them.
> What are we doing wrong?
>
> --
> Tony Yarusso
> http://tonyyarusso.com/

Some follow-up information I've found now:
1. The "Categories" field has disappeared from all content types' submission
forms, such as story.
2.  If I go to the "Edit" page for any of the posts of type 'Forum', I get
the error "warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]:
First argument is expected to be a valid callback, 'forum_node_form' was
given in /usr/share/drupal-5.7/includes/form.inc on line 218.", and nothing
else displays.
3.  I had been using CCK, but have now disabled all of that and other
modules that looked related, including Forum, disabled then re-enabled
Taxonomy, and I still don't have category fields on submission forms.
4.  Since those fields don't exist, I can't manually assign the categories
to make them show up in the forum display.
5.  I tried enabling forum on another site and made a test post, and that
worked just fine.  The primary difference is that the second site has never
used CCK.
6.  This is on Drupal 5.7.
7.  I've also noticed that I'm unable to make the Devel module's block show
up, although it too has worked in the past.

Clearly something funky is going on...maybe the site is haunted.  Anyone
have a better idea?

--
Tony Yarusso
http://tonyyarusso.com/